Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The term 'Guppy's Chocolates' or 'us', 'we' or 'our' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: 22 Alan Farnaby Way, Sheriff Hutton Industrial Park, Sheriff Hutton, York, YO60 6PG. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. All sales by Guppy's Chocolates are subject to these Terms & Conditions of sale.
2. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that our website is accurate, occasionally there may be information on our website that contains typographical errors, inconsistencies, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing and availability. In particular, packaging may vary from that shown.
3. All prices are quoted net of VAT and may be subject to alteration at any time and without prior notification. Please note that we will always endeavour to maintain up-to-date prices on our website.
4. We don't have a minimum order amount. However, delivery charges do apply. We charge £9.00 for any orders under £75.00 (excluding vat) and £4.50 for orders between £75.00 and £150.00 (excluding vat). For the delivery of orders to the Scottish Highlands, the offshore islands (the Scottish islands, Isle of Wight and Isle of Man) and Northern Ireland we charge £25.00 for orders under £150.00 (excluding vat) and £15.00 for orders over £150.00 (excluding vat). We do not deliver outside of the UK. Timed and Saturday deliveries are available at a surcharge. Please ask for details.
5. If you wish to cancel an order, or add or remove items from an order, please telephone or email us as soon as possible as we aim to despatch most orders the day following receipt of your order.
6. No products are sold on a 'sale or return' basis. If goods are ordered incorrectly and we are able to accept them back, there will be a handling charge. Under no circumstances will we accept goods back if they have been opened or returned to us in poor condition.
7. Goods should be inspected at the time of delivery and any damages or shortfalls must be reported to us within 2 working days from receipt of your delivery for a refund to be issued or a replacement to be issued. If you are unable to inspect the goods at the time of delivery, please ensure that the goods are signed for as "goods unchecked" from the courier. Without this we will be unable to make a claim from the courier for damages. Goods must be retained for inspection and photos provided when requesting a refund.
8. We reserve the right to refuse any order that is placed with us. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the email and/or phone number provided at the time of ordering.
9. Although we endeavour to ensure most of our products are available, please note that where stock is not available, there may be a delay in fulfilling all or part of your order. When an order is placed, we will confirm if any item is out of stock and we will advise an estimated time as to when it will be available for delivery.
10. New accounts will initially be opened on a pro-forma basis (payment in advance). We operate on a pro-forma basis for the first 3 months or 3 orders (which ever is the longest), after which a credit account can be applied for. We will send a credit application form on request. Once a completed credit application and trade reference have been received and approved, a credit account may be opened.
11. If you have an established credit account with us, our payment terms are strictly 30 days from date of invoice. We reserve the right to revoke any credit facility if payment fails to be made by the due date. If you do not have a credit account, your order will only be processed once full payment has been received. Please note we are unable to accept payment via the telephone. Online payment is available through SagePay (secure payment gateway). We reserve the right to claim reasonable debt recovery costs as per the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
Guppy's Chocolates is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
Guppy's Chocolates may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 16th April 2018.
When you order, we need to know your name, address, email address and card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
We use your personal information to notify you of your purchase and to send you updates of our products and services. We will only contact you with your consent and our 'allow contact' box will be unticked by default, requiring you to tick the box if you wish to receive unsolicited emails from us regarding updates to our products and other information relevant to our services and products.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
We follow strict procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging into your account or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use a technology called 'cookies' as part of our normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any questions about privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.